.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Aunt Purl's Magic Scarf

Many many thanks to the folks that bought my book on the day it was released! I appreciate it more than I am able to express!!

Yesterday in the afternoon I finished one side of the Cable-eight Top. It's 22 inches long and 17 inches wide. I only have one set of knitting needles, so I am using a size 9 instead of the size 11 that the pattern suggested. But, I’m a good dooby and tested my gauge and made adjustments accordingly. The result though is many more cables than the picture shows. It’s good practice, right?

To take a cable break and use my Size 9’s on a different project, I started Crazy Aunt Purl’s basketweave pattern scarf. She’s right, it is so easy and like magic! I have chunky wool yarn left over from another project that I’m going to use up (stash bustin’) and alternate the colors every four pattern repetitions.





Basketweave Scarf




Basketweave Scarf detail